martes, 8 de julio de 2008

What I Like About Santiago

Once again, I want to excuse me for post this article late. I really have a lot of problems with my conection, and I must to make a lot of things about my university. That things make me stay until late at night to study and writing lots of summaries about them.

I promised you last time I would talk about Santiago, the city where I live. Santiago has a population of 6 millions people, a really limited amount, if we compare it with other Latinamerican cities. Mexico City, for example, has 20 millions people; Buenos Aires, over 18 millions; Rio de Janeiro, 17 millions. In fact, Santiago is a relative small city inside our region.

But that's just a detail. Even with a low population, Santiago looks like a modern city anyways. It counts with a lot of publice services, like hospitals, schools, universities, very nice places to live, etc. One of them, the University Neighbourghood (Barrio Universitario, in spanish), it's a really quiet place, and I can say this because I used to live here, but two years ago, I moved to Estacion Central, a western zone of Santiago.

But what I love more about Santiago is the entertainment. Yes, I really enjoy a good film, inside a cool cinema, having a good time alone or with someone. And I like a house party like a night of cinema. Of course, and if I have enough money, I really LOVE to go an entire day to the Fantasilandia Park. I can imagine all the fun I can get on the rollercoasters. But if I can't go out, I like to stay in home, on my way, listening music or seeing something on TV.

Culture's not a strange in Santiago. There are some good museums around the city. The best of them is the Mirador Interactive Museum (MIM), where you can do anything inside the museum, and the only rule is: "Forbidden No Touch". I want to go again soon.

No hay comentarios: